Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This isn't for moms



Monday morning Addisen woke up and was trying to get a finger hold on top of our wainscoting so that she could climb our wall. We had been in St George this last week, and she had so much fun climbing the rock retaining wall in grandma and grandpa's backyard. We decided to go over to the rock climbing gym and let Addisen take a crack at it. She was super excited all day long, and kept asking if we could go get daddy from work. Finally, she decided that she didn't want daddy to come because he would just tickle her anyway. She tried to convince me to take her without him.

She looked so cute running around in her harness. I'm not sure what she loved more: the climbing, or the repel down. As she was scaling the wall, she turned to me and said "this isn't for mommies". I think it's sweet that she looks out for me, well kind of :) The whole time we were there I was thinking that maybe we could visit more often. After all, it was only 2 dollars to take her. (free for under 3, we just had to rent the harness) But, she threw the biggest fit that I have ever seen when it was time to leave. We finally got her away from the wall and into the pro shop, where she made note that she wants ALL of this climbing stuff for Christmas. I fear that we have created a climbing monster!

2 comments: