Friday, January 14, 2011

"I want it to be Christmas time"

Addisen loved Christmas. She cried and whined when I took the tree down. She tells me almost daily, "I want it to be Christmas time." When I was picking up toys a bracelet with little bells on it broke. I thought I got them all picked up, but she found a little jingle bell on the floor. She excitedly told me that it was probably from Santa. I love the little spirit of Christmas she has. She was so giving to the boys. She will wrap little presents for me throughout the day and is so happy to have me open them. It seems her favorite present to give, of late, is the computer mouse...wrapped in the mouse pad. Kyle took her shopping on Christmas Eve to pick out some stocking stuffers. She picked me out a pillow pet, a digital picture key chain, some paintable Mickey and Minnie figurines, and (my favorite) were little walkie talkies so that we can talk to each other. I really love that they are earpiece walkie talkies. She is the sweetest girl.



I talked to her about leaving some cookies for Santa, and unfortunately we just didn't ever get around to making any cookies. I realized right before we went to bed at grandma and grandpa's. We got a few things from the cupboard. All she wanted to leave for him along with his milk, was a crouton and a yogurt pretzel. Sorry Santa, I wish that we would have had time for her to make you some super small cookies, because it makes me laugh so hard to see her roll these tiny little balls of dough.



We had a lot of fun at Grandma Joy's Christmas party. There was an excellent Santa there. The kids were so not into Santa this year. We had gone to another party, and I set one of the boys on his lap and it was a death scream. When I tried to put Addie on his lap, her scream was even worse. So, when Santa and Mrs. Claus walked in to Grandma Joy's party they both started getting nervous that I was going to try to plop them down on his lap again. He brought them around some presents, and to my surprise later they both agreed to sit on Mrs. Claus lap. I have some cute pictures. I hate that I can't post pics with the boys in them though.




We had fun decorating the gingerbread house from Elyse's wedding into a winter scene.


Addisen was so excited to get a big red wagon for Christmas from her grandma and grandpa. Her cousins just moved back to Utah and she asked me one morning if we could go see them. I told her that her daddy had the car, and she said, "I have an idea, probably we can take the wagon to see mine cousins." I love how she fits "probably" into so many sentences. And, to make it even cuter she holds up one little finger when she says she has an idea. I told her that it was way too far to take the wagon. Without skipping a beat she responded "Probably we can ask Lucy to give us a ride." Lucy, for those who don't know, is our Great Dane- Blood Hound mix. She is so big I almost think we could ride her. I sure love this girl.

1 comment:

  1. :)!!! Her hair is so long!! CRAZY!! So sad we're not close to have playdates! I'm sure Isaak would love to play with her. He was bummed about Christmas being over too. Kids are awesome!

    ReplyDelete