Sunday, July 10, 2011

We have managed.

We have made it through week one of Addie being gone. Our projects have suffered greatly...

Laundry isn't nearly as fun.

Cakes for Daddy aren't quite as beautiful.

Taking pictures has been a bit lonely.

Fasteners are just fasteners. They haven't doubled as a "wedding ring" since she's been gone.

Refinishing the claw foot tub isn't as exciting without someone always trying to get in it.

Painting has been so dull.

I can't say for sure, but I don't think I have hovered above Kyle while he's sleeping even once since she left.

And, no one else is willing to help great grandma eat her noodles properly.

I can't wait until she gets home!




Here is what I hope to do with the next few weeks:

renew drivers license
paint trim in Addie's room, paint doors and entryway
I have 50-60 dental models to finish
etch the glass in the bathroom
refinish porch railings and columns
clean and organize every room in the house- yard sale?

More importantly, this is what I wish would magically happen:

have topsoil brought in, grass replanted, and sprinkler system redone
brick path in back finished
sidewalk and steps poured
finish Addie's bathroom (we are almost there! wahoo!)
put fence back up (took it out to bring in dirt)
fix the kitchen cabinet where we installed dishwasher
fix stupid dishwasher
redo the trim on the outside of the house
paint the whole outside of the house
rub my nasty swollen preggo feet

I guess I better get busy!

2 comments:

  1. love this post <3 Addie is such a blessing! (btw, I can help with some of those projects - but I'm not touching your feet)

    ReplyDelete