Thursday, June 17, 2010

Who's two?


When we asked Addisen what she wanted for her birthday she would say an owl. That's it. Just an owl. Luckily I was able to convince her that an owl cake would do.

We went to the zoo and watched the bird show, which she adores. And then on Sunday night we just had a little get together with the family.

I have this really annoying habit of liking to make cute food. I like it because, I get to surround myself with chocolate. I get to make something artistic, and I don't have to worry about making it perfect cuz someone is just going to eat it anyway. The chocolate covered oreos were fun to make, but took for-e-ver. I only had one mold so I had to stay up all night waiting for each batch to cool enough to take out. And by that time I would have to reheat every color of chocolate again. But seeing Addie's big smile was worth it.


Addisen loves her cousin Alex. They were born only a month apart, and are so stinking cute when they are together. I sure love this little two year old!

5 comments:

  1. How fun!! She is so cute!!! I can't believe she is getting so big! Happy Birthday Addie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. k that cake is amazing! did you make that? what a great mom you are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little cutie! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make that owl cake?!
    That is amazing!
    I think she looks just like you in that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute party! Happy 2nd birthday, Addisen!!

    ReplyDelete