Thursday, June 3, 2010

If I could

If I could catch a moment in a jar and save it forever I would have saved one from the other night. We tried to go camping in Snow Canyon, but the campground was full so we "camped" at grandpa's house. It was so much fun being out late by the fire with Addie. The night was hot and she was running around half nakie. We introduced her to duck duck goose, and she giggled so hard as she ran as fast as she could around and around the circle, never sitting down. She always wanted to be the one being chased. She would touch your head and say "duck" but then she would start to run, and say "goose" as she sped away. Eventually we had to stop the game, because no one had the energy to chase her anymore. I gave her a bath (a nice perk of camping at home) and took her outside to look at the stars. We could hear crickets so we climbed the big hill behind the house to get closer to one. I told her that the crickets were singing her a song, and she marveled at that thought. We stayed up on the hill and rocked back and forth until she fell asleep in my arms. That doesn't happen often. I wish I could cuddle her forever. What moment would you catch in a jar?

2 comments:

  1. I always imagine my life freeze framing and the credits to my personal movie scrolling over the screen in those moments.

    A friend and I used to always say "Roll 'Em" whenever we found ourselves feeling that way.

    One of my memorable ones is moving out of my house to go to college, my car full of all my belongings and "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" by Céline Dion playing on my car radio :-P

    Keep the good times "Rollin'"

    ReplyDelete