Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Four years ago



Four years ago, I stayed up texting Kyle until 2 am and woke up at 4 am to get ready for our wedding. I slept on the floor in an empty room because I had already moved my bed, and all of my stuff into our house in Provo. We got married in the Salt Lake Temple, we had the first open slot in the morning. I loved being the only bride in the bride's room, and being able to sit alone with Kyle in the Celestial room before we were sealed together. It was so beautiful, and serene.Although, I am sure it wasn't very fun for our guests to have to wake up so early to be there.



Kyle proposed to me on a beach in Santa Barbara. We had gone once to look at rings, and didn't really find anything we liked. It ended up that he was only wanting to get my ring size, because he was designing the ring himself. When we were getting out of the car at the beach I saw him slip the little box into his pocket. (I have a special way of ruining my own surprises.) We walked along the beach for a little while, and watched the sunset. We hid in a little cave in the rocks because it was getting windy and cold. Kyle sang me some love songs, and asked me to dance. Then he knelt in the sand, and asked me to be his wife. He gave me the ring, along with a letter that he wrote. The letter outlines each of the symbolic items he placed in my ring. On the inside of my ring, where one might usually engrave something, he had placed 6 little diamonds. The first three stand for Faith, Friendship, and Forgiveness. There are many more symbols in my ring, but I won't bore you with them all. I was so touched that he took the time, and effort to make my ring extra special.

The last few weeks Kyle has been excited about getting me an anniversary present. He keeps asking me if I want hints as to what it is. And keeps taunting me that this one I would never guess. I had been trying to let it be a suprise, and not snoop around too much. Well, yesterday, I went to go pick him up from work, and one of the tellers asked "Are you guys getting that piano?". I shrugged my shoulders, and then I went into Kyle's office, and told him that I had another guess. It was so funny that we made it until the night before our anniversary until the suprise was ruined. He said now I don't get it though :) I guess that I will find out tonight.



He spoils me, that is for sure. But there are so many annoying things that he does: he thinks he is funny, he farts in the car ALL the time and locks the windows, when I have been a jerk he asks me first thing in the morning if I am "feeling better" and it pisses me off even more, he will put his plate full of food in the sink and since we don't have a disposal I end up having to scrape soggy mush into the garbage can, he will tell me when he doesn't like dinner, he doesn't like chapstick so when I wear any it ensures that he won't kiss me, he kicks his legs in the night, and steals my blankets, every year he says "I thought we weren't going to do Christmas this year", have you seen him play basketball? The man is MADE of sweat and hair! And I feel like the luckiest girl to have him as my husband. My faults are a lot worse than his, and he is a lot easier to deal with than his irrational, emotional, crazy wife. I love him so much.

5 comments:

  1. a piano!?!? so so so jealous. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- i threw up a little. JUST KIDDING! That is so awesome! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You 2 are a great couple. And I can attest to the basketball sweat...that's why he's such a good defender.

    Hope you have a great anniversary and eternity together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!! Great post! Happy anniversary, hope it was wonderful, and I hope he really did get you that piano! ;)

    ReplyDelete